Waste Water Treatment
Sewage Treatment Plants
Right from conceptualization to commissioning, complete solutions for economic Wastewater Treatment are offered by Aquacare.
All the solutions are based on the pollution control guidelines developed by the industrial and commercial establishments. Aquacare Packaged Sewage Treatment Systems are offered in various specifications, capacities and technologies.
- Remote logging, construction and mining site
- Recreational areas such as marinas, campgrounds and parks
- Land development, subdivisions and housing
- Manufacturing facilities and power plants
- Remote accommodation centers
- Universities and schools
- Biological waste water treatment for industrial wastewater flows
- Small and medium sized communities and cities
- Quick delivery and installation
- Simple to operate
- Low manpower
- Regulatory compliant
- Environmentally friendly
- Custom design / application specific systems
- Extended service life
- Less cost because of pre-engineered, pre-fabricated structures
- Easily transported unit to the customers project site
- Effective aerobic operational principal
- User friendly
- Easy maintenance
Treatment Process - Ecological concept
The Packaged Sewage Treatment commonly referred to as Decentralized Wastewater Treatment system which utilizes the biological comprehensive aeration principle of operation. This is similar to a variation of the Activated Sludge Treatment Process. This system operates by creating an environment with adequate oxygen levels and agitation to allow for bio-oxidation of the wastes to appropriate levels for discharge.
Waste material in domestic waste water is generally organic which means that microorganisms can use this matter as their source of food. 90% of the bacteria and other microorganisms are removed from the organic matter in the wastewater, with the use of a biological Wastewater Treatment System.
Biological Waste Water Treatment Systems and processes were actually developed by perceiving the nature. When the waste is entered into the stream, the dissolved oxygen content in the water is decreasing and the populations of bacteria are increasing. The bacteria would ultimately consume all of the organic materials, as when the waste moved downstream. Bacterial populations would then decrease, the dissolved oxygen in the stream would be replaced and the whole process would be repeated at the next wastewater discharge point.
Treatment Process Technical concept
The influent wastewater reaches the Wastewater Treatment Package Plant by passing through a bar screen for gross solids elimination. This is a step provides the mechanical reduction of solids prior to aeration. The untreated flow is mixed with an active biomass in a rolling action that takes place the length and width of the chamber in a slow forward progression, once the wastewater is moved in to the aeration chamber. This rolling mixing action is the outcome of air originating from air diffusers located along one side of the bottom of the tank. This insures that adequate mixing is maintained in the tank. The oxygen transfer achieved with the diffused air passing through the wastewater, coupled with the rolling action offers a sufficient oxygen supply allowing microorganisms to oxidize treatable wastes in to water, carbon dioxide &stable sludge. The chambers are filleted on each side along the bottom to assure and improve the rolling motion of the water and to dead zones elimination from the tank.
The wastewater flows to the clarifier that typically has a hopper bottom configuration, after the aeration. The Wastewater Clarifiers are in different sizes to provide the required retention time based on 24 hour design flow. The solids settle on the bottom of the clarifier during the settlement period. Airlift pumps with modifiable pumping capabilities are used to return these solids, as Activated Sludge, to the aeration chamber to sustain the maximum efficiency of the biological process.
When necessary, excess sludge is wasted to an aerated sludge digestion tank for extra treatment and reduction. A skimmer airlift pump is used to return floatable solids and scum to the aeration chamber for additional processing.
Then the treated water moves from the clarifier to a disinfection chamber for treatment via ultra-violet (UV) disinfection or chlorination prior to discharge for completing the treatment process. Tertiary filters may require where a higher quality of effluent is essential.
Membrane Bio Reactor Plants
The Latest Technology in the Wastewater Treatment is the Membrane Bio Reactor. Membrane Bio Reactor has many advantages such as:
- High quality of treated water
- Small space for installation
- Easier process compared to conventional Activated Sludge Proces
Membrane Separation Technology called as Membrane Bio Reactor which produces high quality water with maximum possible bacterial reduction without adding chemicals. The Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR) is the latest technologies in Biological Treatment. The characteristic of the MBR Process is the use of revolutionary submerged ultra filtration membranes in the biological process water tank to produce high quality permeate from
- Domestic sewage
- Primary and secondary waste water
- Cooling tower blow down
The Membrane Bio Reactor is also ideal for supplementing capacity/quality of existing wastewater plants/ retrofitting. The MBR can handle very high sludge concentrations in the ventilation tank because of the size of the aeration tank reduces 4-5 folds. The membrane acts as a fine filter; it does not require any further treatment using Activated Carbon Filters, Sand Filters, etc. which are available in any sizes.
Membrane Bio Reactor Module
- The membrane material is PVDF (Poly Vinylidene Fluoride). PVDF is fluorine polymer, which has high constancy for chemicals and good physical strength.
- The form of membrane is fiber reinforced flat sheet membrane.
- The membrane has small and uniform pore size and the rejection property of this membrane is very good.
- All particles with sizes (>) greaterthan 0.1 micron meter can be removed with membrane effectively.
MBR (Membrane Bio Reactor) is the modern technology in Wastewater Treatment and it has many advantages over the conventional Activated Sludge
Membrane Bio Reactor
- Less Space
- Contains no clarified tank
- Faster, efficient, high stability of sludge, ease of dispose
- Superior quality of treated water, reliable system
- Less cost is required
- MBR acts like a physical barrier by completely removing bacteria up to 46 and it helps in complete retention of biomass in the aeration basin.
- Less chemical and power consumption
- MBR does not produce disinfection by-products or bad odors
- Minimum treated units, simple to operate, handling hazardous chemicals
- Energy intake is extremely low (0.30 kwh/m3) and the treated domestic effluent has a 4 to 6 log (99.99%) removal of total coliform.
Conventional Activated Sludge
- More space
- Consist of clarified tank
- Less faster
- Less superior
- Costlier tertiary treatment is requires for matching the performance of MBR.
- Require disinfections with chlorine. Not removing the organisms completely. It is only inactivating them.
- More chemical and power consumption
- Produce disinfection by products and odors
- Conventional system is more sophisticated with more treating units
- Energy consumption is high
Industrial Wastewater Treatment
The primary principle of industrial ecology is no "waste" and all raw materials can be re-input into the same or further processes.Industrial manufacturing or production can be water concentrated and with the proper Industrial Wastewater Treatment solution wastewater can be reused to cutting your costs. You can transform Industrial Wastewater Treatment from a loss to a profit boosting asset. Thus Industrial Wastewater Treatment is not a liability anymore. As the treatment of Industrial Wastewater Processes are improved and become better, the challenges of efficiency and environmental compliance become less challenging and can be overcome more easily.
Wastewater optimization benefits your company in many ways not usually associated with industry, such as public perception and environment responsibility. There is a definite benefit from the optimization process. The great publicity that can be rightly had by companies choosing to streamline their processes using green technology enhanced business.
- Primary Treatment: Coagulation, flocculation and clarification.
- Secondary Treatment: Activated sludge process, aeration, fixed media& fluidized bed media systems.
- Tertiary Treatment: Media Filters, Carbon Filters, Ultra Filtration & Disinfection systems.
- Recycling of water ecologically
- Pre-Packaged and Pre-Engineered Plants
- High performance and Low maintenance
- Robust construction and long operational life
- Safe, reliable and energy saving plants
- Custom designing units also available with standard and optional treatments
Grey Water Treatment
he water that comes out from washing is called the Grey Water. Grey Water Treatment and Recycling Systems are an important for green building methods and practices. The commercial and residential buildings owners have attracted towards the recycling grey water for the savings in energy and potential ecological benefits.
Classification of Household wastewater:
Wastewater from the toilet and garbage disposal.
All other household wastewater from the bathroom showers, kitchen sink and clothes wash areas and other taps water.
Greywater for irrigation and domestic grey water systems
Decontaminated greywater is used for irrigation. A domestic greywater treatment system diminishes bacteria, chemical pollutants and solids. The Treatment processes includes.* Filtering * Settlement of solids * Flotation and separation of lighter solids * Anaerobic or aerobic digestion * Chemical or UV disinfection. It is a must that the grey water tanks needs to be further treated otherwise health hazards are major problems to the nature.
Grey water for toilet flushing
Grey water for toilet flushing and irrigation are being treated by the commercially manufactured systems. The systems consist of multi-chamber tanks which decrease solids by settlement, filtering and floating.The water is treated by chlorination or UV and is pumped to the toilet cisterns. The toilet cisterns should have an alternative clean water supply which can be turned on while maintenance is carried out on the Grey Water Treatment System.
Commercial Grey Water Treatment Processes
- Grey water is separately composed in an underground tank. A screen of 10 mm opening is provided at the inlet of the tank to remove the large suspended particles / debris from the waste stream.
- Aeration is given to confirm that septic conditions do not occur. The grey water is then pumped to the aeration tank by using a submersible pump with cutter mechanism. This will reduce big sized particles to less than 2mm size.
- In the aeration tank, chlorine is added to confirm that the chemical treatment of the wastewater. The aerated effluent is treated using a Pressure Sand Filter to eliminate finer suspended solids prior to reuse.
- Chlorination is applied in the final collection tank for final polishing.
- Reduces demand on drinking water which helps protect water resources
- Cost saving benefits
- Available all year round
- If the residential households use grey water for any needs, it will be less clean drinking water consumption.
Oil & Water Separators
The System is separating oils and solids from water where both the elements are having different specific gravity than water. Effluent concentrations of non-emulsified oil can be removed down to 10 mg/l. Aquacare is providing Oil Water Separators, where a simple and quality solution is required.
- Oil production and oil storage areas.
- Surface and wash water from petrol stations
- Transportation fueling systems.
- Treatment of waste water from oil-removal plants.
- Gasoline stations and other fueling facilities.
- Water treatment plan
- Car wash and repair workshops, wash water recycling and pressure wash cleaning.
- Treatment of industrial process waste water.
- Electrical transformers
- Light petroleum and oils separate from waste water.
- Functions with pure gravity without any chemical additives in addition to the cleaning with deposit oils (dispersion) on the surface of the coalescence material (absorption).
- Through combination of this small coalescence particle, it drifts to the surface of oil water separator like Flotation. Then oil is saved separately.
- Incredibly perfect cleaning result
- A lifting equipment is not needed
- Space saving
- Easy installation time
- Easy handing
- Low maintenance & pump out costs
Improvement of water quality before it discharges to sewage system and water bodies. For example: One liter of oil contaminates ten thousand liters of water! Let´s save the environment with the world´s best cleaning technology for next generation.